Last night, I enjoyed a fantastic evening hearing from Peter Legge at the Chamber of Commerce dinner, and connecting with other business owners in the community. Below are a few highlights from his talk:
- Life is a big canvas – you should throw as much paint on it as you can.
- You only have control of one thing in your life… Your thinking.
- You become what you think about most of the time.
- Our achievements today are our thoughts of yesterday.
- We are all born with the seeds of greatness.
- You can run flat out for a year and never exhaust your capabilities.
- Something terrible happens if we don’t take up on our dreams… nothing.
- Always tell the truth because the truth is timeless.
- If you’re married, stay that way – value and nurture your core relationships above all else.
- Give more and do more than you are paid to do and you will soon be
paid for it.
- Give back to the community infinitely more than you take out. Be known
as a servant of the community.